A fun and wild summer picnic at the park with all my kids inspired this naptime creation. On our way home I was feeling desperate for a drive-thru Starbucks, but EVERYONE needed naps immediately. So I whipped up my own (much healthier) version once the house got quiet. It’s a wonderful naptime refreshment!
- 5-6 coffee ice cubes (take your leftover morning brew, pour into ice cube trays and once they are frozen, pop them out and keep them in a ziplock baggie for times like these)
- 1/2 or whole banana
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon flavored coffee syrup (I use Starbucks caramel–add more to sweeten after you taste it.)
- 1/2 cup milk (I use soy but regular would be great too!)
- Optional: 1/2 Tablespoon ground flax seed (added boost of nutrition)